Baks Group celebrates 60th anniversary
Past weekend the Baks Group celebrated their 60th anniversary with all it’s employees. In 1955 our found, Antoon Baks, started his company in Borculo. His main activity was driving milk for local farmers. With a loan from the local butter factory he bought his first tractor. Antoon Baks quickly discovered driving milk wasn’t sufficient to survive. He decided to extend his services by buying a root harvesting machine. By doing so he started an advanced agricultural service providing company. In the early 70’s he expanded his services again, this time by starting the distribution of liquid fertilizers. A business activity who was totally new in that period.
In 1995 Antoon Baks slowly retired, it was time for a new generation. His sons André and Wim Baks and son in law Tonny Winkelhorst took over the business. Son in law Tonny became responsible for the daily lead of the company. Since then the Baks Group started growing significantly.
Now, 60 years after the founding, the Baks Group exist of six related companies. Known to be:
- Baks Loon- en Grondverzetbedrijf (Agricultural service provider)
- Baks Borculo (Distribution of fertilizers)
- Baks Logistiek (Liquid Logistics)
- Baks Agri Foods (International oriented trading company of liquid diary products)
- Cleaning Overberkel (Tank cleaning company)
- TipTop Car- en Truckwash (Car and Truckwash facilities
At all our companies around 150 motivated and skilled employees are provided work.